Foundations of Information Privacy ARMA Live! 2013 Pre-Conference Seminar
Saturday, October 26 from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ($425 M / NM) A Certification Foundation Prep Class Offered by the International Association of Privacy Professionals
Having a foundational understanding of the privacy considerations and challenges involved in managing data is practically a requirement for successful information governance professionals today. This one-day training seminar, offered by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), will provide you with a multi-faceted introduction to the major laws and concepts in privacy. Areas covered include:
- Common principles and approaches to privacy
- Overview of privacy and data protection regulations by jurisdictions and industry sectors
- Introduction to information security and information security management and governance, including frameworks, controls, cryptography, and identity and access management (IAM).
- Online Privacy: Using personal information on websites and with other Internet-related technologies
As part of the seminar, you will receive a copy of Foundations of Information Privacy and Data Protection
, the accompanying textbook for IAPP’s Certification Foundation program. The Certification Foundation is also a prerequisite for achieving IAPP privacy certification—the global industry standard for professionals working in data protection. The IAPP and ARMA International are partnering to bring you the opportunity to certify. Should you wish to pursue your certification, participating in this session is the first step on the path to achieving it. Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Describe elementary concepts of privacy and data protection from a global perspective
- Address privacy and data protection practice areas that are relevant to privacy professionals regardless of legal jurisdiction, geographic location, or practice specialization
- Take the next step toward IAPP privacy certification
The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource, helping practitioners develop and advance their careers and organizations manage and protect their data.
ICRM Maintenance Credits: 7.5